Licensing & Ordination
Licensing, ordination and the commissioning of ministers of the Gospel and missionaries throughout the world are key components in the fulfillment of our Mandate to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth.
We seek to train, equip and release prepared ministers who know God, know who they are, have discovered their call and destiny and have been sent to transform the landscape as they bring the presence of God into their sphere of influence.
In accordance with the Heaven’s Heart International Ministries (HHIM) mandate, our pastoral team offers guidance and help for ministries that wish to apply for non-profit status. We also provide the opportunity for those who serve in ministry to apply to become licensed or ordained.
If you are interested in guidance and help applying for non-profit status, please call our office at the phone number below or complete the Request More Information form on the right.
If you are interested in applying to become licensed or ordained through HHIM, please click the Credential Requirements and Credential Agreement buttons for information about HHIM credentialing.
After reading the Credential Requirements and Credential Agreement, if you believe you meet the requirements for licensing or ordination and you are in agreement with the information outlined in the Credential Agreement, please click the Start the Application Process button or submit the Request More Information form to learn more. You may also call us if you have questions or want to talk about HHIM credentials (contact information below).
- Credential Requirements
The Credential Requirements are designed to help us expedite your credentialing process Please don't miss the section below called Requirements for Both Licensing and Ordination
Requirements for Licensing OnlyThe Applicant should:
- Have an ongoing and active relationship with a local church or fellowship
- Be currently involved in ministry (such as pastoring, evangelism, missions teaching, church administration, worship, arts, para-church ministries or itinerate ministry)
- Meet the scriptural qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1:7 and Titus 1:7-9
- Be at least 18 years of age
(Once actively licensed for 2 years, an applicant may apply for Ordination by submitting a new application form)
Requirements for Ordination OnlyThe Applicant should:
- Be a licensed minister in good standing for at least 2 years
- Have a proven ministry for a minimum of two years (such as pastoring, evangelism, missions teaching, church administration, worship, arts, para-church ministries or itinerate ministry)
- Meet the scriptural qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3:1:7 and Titus 1:7-9
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Be an approved and faithful member in a local church, fellowship or ministry
- Requirements for Both Licensing and OrdinationThe Applicant should:
- Have already attended a School of Ministry or Bible School for at least two years
- Read and agree in substance with the Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries Credential Agreement
- Complete and submit the Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries Credential Application
- Write a 500-word essay describing ministry history (including a description of the ministries they have been involved with especially in the past 12 months, the type of ministry, locations or venues where ministry took place, the primary focus of their ministry, partnerships they’ve had, leaders or supervisors they’ve worked for, the level of responsibility they’ve carried and results of their ministry activities. Additionally, they should explain their reasons for wanting to be licensed or ordained by HHIM).
- Pay a $200.00 non-refundable Application Fee (which includes one annual Minister’s Retreat) – due at the time the Credential Application form is submitted
- Pay a $25 fee for a Background Check – due at the time the Credential Application form is submitted
- Be recommended by 4 references
- Complete a phone and a face-to-face interview with a member of the Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministry team
- During the face-to-face interview, take a Color-Code Personality Test (so that Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries is better equipped to communicate with the Applicant)
- Agree to submit a yearly ministry update and have a yearly meeting or phone conversation with Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries, by January 15th each year
- Credential Agreement
What is Heaven’s Heart International Ministries?
Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries (HHIM) is an incorporated non-profit organization which was formed to walk out the key to God’s heart which is building relationships. HHIM is comprised of ministers, teachers, prophetic voices, builders and five-fold ministry leaders that share like vision and have chosen to partner together, become affiliated with or link with HHIM. The organization exists for religious, charitable, and educational purposes specifically to carry out God’s Mandate to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to Earth by conducting the activities of ministries promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This will be done specifically by bringing the Good News of His love (as spoken by Jesus to the disciples), first in Jerusalem (our immediate area), next in Judea (our state) and to the ends of the earth. We see this being done through:
- Hosting ministries by providing opportunities for spiritual growth in a safe and supportive community
- Raising up and releasing leaders into their call and destiny
- Networking with area churches and other Christian organizations to accomplish the Mandate
- Sponsoring and conducting training, conferences, conventions, seminars and other related events both domestically and internationally to teach, train, equip and empower others in furthering God’s Mandate
- Licensing, ordaining and commissioning ministers of the Gospel and missionaries, for the furtherance of the Kingdom’s work in the U.S. and all foreign countries.
- Helping other ministries establish non-profit organization status
What HHIM believes about ministry:
Ministry is not a job or a position, it is a life commitment that begins when someone comes into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus established two commandments in Matthew 12:29-3“Jesus said, “The first in importance is, “Listen, Israel: The Lord your
God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and
intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: “Love others as well as you
love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these.”
Having a personal relationship with Jesus causes these words to become a lifestyle of grace rather than obedience to the law.
- 1 Timothy 3:1-7 gives us a guideline for servanthood leadership
- As we approve leaders for Licensing and/or Ordination, we look for the qualities set forth in Titus 1:6-9
- When seeking to discern an applicant’s governmental gifting, we consider Ephesians 4:11-12
- In considering an applicant for Licensing or Ordination, we look for these basic qualifications:
1. The Applicant’s Testimony:
We want to build a personal relationship with the applicant and/or to know the leaders with whom the applicant ministers. We review the applicant’s four reference forms, may have conversations with their references and will have 2 interviews with the applicant. This helps us understand the applicant in the various arenas of their life (such as home, work, school, business) and their reputation with others.
2. Spiritual Maturity:
We want to know if the applicant is spiritually mature enough to carry out the ministry they are proposing. We are not looking for perfection, but we are looking for enough spiritual maturity to be sure the applicant will be growing through experience and not overwhelmed by it. We also assess the applicant’s ability to work with others to discover whether they have the relational skills to be an asset to their ministry,
3. Spiritual Gifts:
We look for the spiritual gifts necessary to carry out the ministry that the applicant is seeking to do. This requires much more than just a spiritual gift inventory. The applicant should already be demonstrating their gifting in ministry.
After we receive the completed Credential Application, we will:
- Ask the applicant’s references to complete a recommendation form and may contact them for more information
- Begin the interview process with the applicant
What the applicant can expect during the credentialing process:
- Each applicant will be considered individually
- Credentialng approval decisions will be made without regard to race, sex, national origin, or physical disability
- A background check will be competed for each applicant
- All questions on the Credential Application must be completed by the applicant before it can be presented to the Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries Credential Approval Team for consideration
- The signed Credential Agreement and the 500-word essay must be also completed and returned with the Credential Application
- Failure to submit a completed Credential Application, the 500-word essay and to pay the non-refundable Application Processing fee and the Background Check processing fee may result in delayed processing and approval of credentials
- All applicants will be interviewed
- The applicant interview will generally consist of a phone interview followed by a face-to-face interview which will be scheduled during the phone interview
- A Color-Code Personality test will be completed at the time of the face-to-face interview
- Once all application and interview requirements are completed and financial obligations are met, the Credential Application and Interview information will be presented to the HHIM Credential Team for consideration
- The applicant will be notified by phone and/or email about HHIM’s decision
- If approved, a certificate of approval, an acceptance letter, a credential card and other communications will be completed and sent to the approved applicant
HHIM Credentialed Ministers:
- Have the authority to preach, teach and administer the ordinances of the church, and perform ministerial functions in keeping with the laws of the state in which they perform those services
- Agree to submit a yearly ministry update and have a yearly meeting or phone conversation with Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries, by January 15th each year. (The Heaven’s Heart In’tl Ministries Board reserve the right to require the withdrawal of any member who is considered to be out of harmony with the spirit of the fellowship)
- Non-refundable $200 Application Processing fee (which includes one annual Minister’s Retreat) – due at the time the Credential Application form is submitted
- $25 Background Check processing fee – due at the time the Credential Application form is submitted
- Credential Application & Payment
By starting the Application process, we assume you have read the Credential Requirements and the Credential Agreement.
- Download the Credential Application form Click Here To Download Form
- Complete and sign the Credential Application form electronically
- Upload the completed and signed Credential Application form, your 500-Word Essay and the Photo of Yourself. (Be sure to include all three items when uploading) – Step #2 below
- Pay the $200 (non-refundable) Application Fee (which includes one annual Minister’s Retreat) and the $25 Background Check fee ($225 total) – Step #3 below
If you prefer to print the Credential Application form and return it by MAIL, go to Step #1 below to download the form and right-click to print. Complete the Credential Application by hand. Return the completed and signed Credential Application form along with your 500-Word Essay, a photo of yourself, and your check for $225 (to cover the non-refundable Application Processing fee, which includes one annual Minister’s Retreat – due at the time the Credential Application form is submitted, and a Background Check fee), made payable to Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries and send to:Credential Department
Heaven’s Heart Int’l Ministries
P.O. Box 75
Tyrone, GA 30290
If you prefer NOT to download the Credential Application form or pay fees online, please contact HHIM for an application packet